Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Love Letter

Dear Creator of the Universe,
It is difficult to express the emotion inside my heart when I realize all that You are. "Thank you" has never been enough, but I say it anyways, for lack of a better sentiment. You have a way of romancing my heart that is more than a Father or a King. You loved me into this world whispering in my heart as I grew into a woman. A woman hanging on your every last word like dew gripping a flower's petal as the sun beats down upon it. As night comes and the purple sky is scattered with blazing stars, your greatness overwhelms this seemingly inadequate person. But you have created that hue, that blazing desire in my heart and those shining lights as a letter for me. A love letter that you write specifically for me. I am inadequate in my own humanity, but you remind me that you dwell in me, and you allow the weak to shine for Your glory just like the stars. A light breeze plays across my face as your voice deep in my soul calls me beauty and forgiven. My first lover, my God, stops death in me with a night long ago of blood and pain that still covers me today. A love that does not waver day to day due to feelings, weather or weariness. My Lord, speak to me in the sunrise of a new day. A day that you have painted for the eye to enjoy and the heart to be in awe. You have loved me when I turned from you, pursuing idols of my own, and breaking your heart. You find joy in me when I sing of your name to others and find peace in You. For you show me this through the love letter of the world around me. Through the smog and traffic the rainbows still form and the birds still sing. You have chosen to love us unconditionally, and my God, my love, I praise you with all that I am.
Love, your daughter

1 comment:

Jabulani said...

Amen! You're such a talented writer Em! This is a really cool idea to do. Thanks for sharing it with the world :)