Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Week of No Poo

Today is exactly a week since I began the "No Poo" challenge. I am still using Baking Soda, Apple Cider Vinegar (and the occasional olive oil on the tips to condition). I have used no hair products in a week either, which is SO nice. I let my hair air dry and it doesn't get overly frizzy like it use to. The olive oil helps with that a lot! It also hasn't gotten to the overly oily stage, and I'm not sure if I want to make the switch to full water this next week.. because half the week I will be in Atlanta at Catalyst and if I meet Francis Chan I may feel the need to explain my greasy mess of a head. I am excited about Catalyst.. I have never been, and our staff won 5 tickets to go- a free trip to see some great speakers? Yes please. I am a little bummed my husband isn't coming, but the reunion will be really sweet when I get back Saturday.
I am also excited that a couple friends (including my brother-in-law) are doing the no-poo challenge! I am not alone! :)

2 comments:

Paulie Antiques said...

wow! it sounds really interesting! I hardly ever use shampoo but usually end up using a biotin vegan friendly conditioner... I want to make my own shampoo, though! Any thoughts on that?

love, polly :D

Emily Barnett said...

Yeah.. I am on month 4 now with no poo and its going great! It was greasy for awhile.. but it feels so healthy now, and not frizzy.. and my hair has returned to its super curly state! Woo Hoo! I now just use water. I have looked at websites where you can make your own shampoo, but it seemed too complicated.. and even a lot of organic shampoo still has parabens and things.. so be careful! But the conditioners I think are better on your hair. But I wanted to be organic AND cheap, so trying to go au natural :) Good luck!