Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Dance


Your Spirit is the wind moving from man, woman, child.
Entering mouths that breathe you in.
How you speak gently in my anxiety,
yet shake my idle, stone walls.

How I long to hear you as Philip did
on that dusty road to Gaza.
You spoke boldly in his quiet heart,
as his feet moved to Your song
God, you sang him a story of glory.
And he listened.
And another believed.

Then you swept him away in a frenzied embrace.
Blinding lights, rushing air
moving and dancing his body-his heart.
to a new place
where he could obey Your words again.

Your power still speaks this day.
To this girl's inadequate mouth,
and my human heart that beats for more.

Spirit, you move in the deepest pits of my fears,
places no human light can touch.
Your Word pierces and calls me forward,
the Wind beckoning me come and listen.
I breathe You in.
The dance begins.


[inspiration from Acts 8:26-40]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's actually quite lovely but I couldn't resist saying it was blasphemy! That's like giving me a shiny red button and telling me not to press it!


Derek

Jabulani said...

I'm so glad you're an amazing gifted writer. I love the images you bring to mind when you write. I have the most creative wife in the world! I'm so thankful that God put you in my life and gave you so many artsy talents to bless everyone with.